New COPD Medications.
Here is a list of COPD medications that have been recently approved by Health Canada. Not all are available in pharmacies yet. We will be developing delivery device videos in the future for all the new devices.
1. Tudorza Genuair – Long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA). Available now from Almirall.
2. Seebri Breezhaler – Long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA). Product monograph available from Novartis.
3. Onbrez Breezhaler – Long-acting beta2 agonist bronchodilator (LABA). Product monograph available from Novartis
4. Breo Ellipta – corticosteroid and LABA (ICS/LABA). Product monograph available from GlaxoSmithKlein
5. Ultibro Breezhaler – Long-acting muscarinic antagonist and long-acting beta2 agonist bronchodilator. Product monograph available at Novartis.
See the Breezhaler video here. NOTE: You should hear a whirling sound when breathing in. If you don’t, please tap the inhaler on a table to ‘loosen’ the capsule. Always make sure all of the medication has been breathed in.
April 2, 2014