Tracheal intubation (TI) is a routine procedure in the intensive care unit (ICU), and is often life saving. However, life-threatening complications occur in a significant proportion of procedures, making TI perhaps one the most common but underappreciated airway emergencies in the ICU. In contrast to the controlled conditions in the operating room (OR), the unstable physiologic state of critically ill patients along with underevaluation of the airways and suboptimal response to pre-oxygenation are the major factors for the high incidence of life-threatening complications like severe hypoxaemia and cardiovascular collapse in the ICU.
- Excellent education link
- OSA refresher powerpoint with case studies
- Critical Care Update 2015: An evidence-based approach
- Oxygen and COPD Debunking the hypoxic drive theory (respiratory-care-sleep-medicine)
- Cystic fibrosis hope as new gene therapy improves condition
- Medical Alphabet
- Type II recall of specific lots of Zenhale on the market.
- New Bronchodilator Inhaler Device Chart
- OSA refresher powerpoint with case studies: OSA case study PowerPoint https://t.co/WGmdLGaRHtWednesday, 05.04.16 22:12
- Critical Care Update 2015: An evidence-based approach: Published on Jun 5, 2015Wednesday, 12.30.15 17:32
- Oxygen and COPD Debunking the hypoxic drive theory (respiratory-care-sleep-medicine) In patients with chron... https://t.co/xqoyNo07PlWednesday, 12.30.15 17:16
- Inhaler devices etc/ videos https://t.co/41EIpSjpsiWednesday, 10.28.15 15:50
- patients with a history of acute exacerbations of COPD: the Canadian Thoracic Society guidelines for preventing exac http://t.co/wgYcKywdmjThursday, 10.08.15 14:50
Tagsadults Airway Pressure Release Ventilation Amp ards asthma Asthma News canada Canadian Thoracic Society chest wall Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Conclusions copd Critical Care Medicine diagnosis Download Pdf Emphysema flu influenza Intensive Care Unit Lt Lung Function lungs mechanical ventilation medical news Medication medicine mortality Nbsp Nicotine Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Oxygenation Pdf peep pneumonia Powerpoint proportional assist ventilation Respiratory Care Respiratory Medicine risk Rrt Sleep spirometry Tidal Volume Ventilator virus